As your Innisfail and central Alberta Chiropractor we are learning “state of the art” techniques through continuing education to ensure our patients have the highest quality of health. Simple questions asked what is a spinal adjustment and how does chiropractic work are asked all the time. The Chiropractic answer is there are many different ways to help each patient such as:
- Diversified after identifying which spinal bones have lost their normal motion or position, a specific manual thrust is administered to free up “stuck” joints
- Gonstead after identifying which spinal bones have lost their normal motion or position, gonstead technique is specific adjustments based on the spinal listing based on rotational position of the vertbrae body.
- Thompson Terminal Point technique is a system of analysis and a special table that reduces the amount of energy needed to adjust your spine
- Drop table a gentle technique to induce motion in a joint with decreased range of motion using a spring loaded table.
- Activator– technique uses an adjusting tool that gives precise impulses to specific misaligned joints. https://www.activator.com/
- One-To-Zero (OTZ) Health Education Systems trains licensed chiropractors in the evaluation and care to improve nervous system function via the correction of occipital-atlanto subluxation. This subluxation pattern, known as Hatcher-Murphy Subluxation (HMS), shows manifestation or dysfunction of the tissues involving the brainstem, the vagal nerve or cranial nerve 10 and the spinal accessory nerve or cranial nerve 11. When this occipital-atlanto manifestation is corrected, it seems to have an immediate impact on multiple disorders and behaviors. Manifestation of HMS in children can result in many behavioral and developmental disorders. HMS in adults can show through Migraines, Insomnia, Bell’s palsy, Tic disorders and many other neurological illnesses. http://otzhealthed.com/
- Pediatrics– Dr. Dave has taken years of courses through the International Chiropractic Pediatrics association. He has a passion to treating young children to ensure they become healthy adults. http://icpa4kids.com/index.php
- Pregnancy– Our specialized table allow expecting moms to lay face down with the middle of the table dropping down for room with baby. Less stress on mom equals less stress on baby, if you move well it helps prevent complications during birth. It is gently, effective and safe. Every mom wants healthy children, this is a great tool to ensure success.
If you’ve been to a chiropractor before and prefer to be adjusted in a particular way, let Dr. Dave Blocksom know. We want you to relax, enjoy and fully benefit from your chiropractic care.
Acupuncture stimulates the balance and flow of Qi energy that in Traditional Chinese Medicine is considered essential to health. When the body is healthy, Qi (pronounced chee), flows smoothly through the meridians that make up a conceptual network of pathways throughout the entire body. When the balance or flow of Qi is deficient or obstructed it may be diseased or susceptible to illness. Acupuncture treats both the symptoms and the root causes of the patient’s illness. We also provide cupping to help remove inflammation and stagnation of blood.
- This is a remarkable technique that allows us to detect and treat scar tissue in muscles, tendons and ligaments.
- What is scar tissue? Scar tissue is our bodies’ way of repairing muscles, tendons and ligaments. Overtime you can have a build up of this scar tissue especially in areas that see a lot of use. This leads to pain and dysfunction as this replacement tissue lacks the strength and flexibility of healthy tissue.
- The Graston Technique allows us to better detect and treat these areas. It uses stainless steel instruments that glide along patient’s muscles, tendons and ligaments. Once knots or bands of scar tissue are found the instrument can then be used to break up as much of this tissue as it can.
Muscle Release Therapy
- Aids in the release of tightness and scar tissue in muscles, ligaments and tendons.
- Kinesio Taping gives support and stability to your joints and muscles. Kinesio taping is excellent to use as it does not affect circulation or restrict your range of motion.
- The Kinesio Taping Method is used to reduce pain and inflammation in muscles, relax overtired muscles and to support muscles in movement.
- Attention is given to the importance of muscle function and the act of treating muscles in order to activate the body’s own healing process. It was discovered that by using elastic tape, muscles and other tissues could be helped by outside assistance.
Registered Massage Therapists with the 2200 hours required now by most insurance companies. They offer:
- Relaxation Massage
- Therapeutic Massage
- Prenatal Massage
- LaStone Massage (hot and cold stones)
- Hot Stone Massage
- Reflexology (feet)
- Sport’s massage (Area specific to enhance performance)